Q1 Visa | Family Visit less than 180 days

China Family Visit less than 180 days -Q1 Visa – Non-U.S. Citizens:  Foreigners who are family members* of Chinese citizens or of foreigners with Chinese permanent residence and intend to go to China for family reunion, or to those who intend to go to China for the purpose of foster care. The intended duration of stay in China exceeds 180 days.


  • A) Applicant’s Passport: original, undamaged; valid for at least another 6 months.
  • B) Visa Application Form:  Please download, complete, print and sign China visa application
    • Important: The visa application must be filled out on your computer and then printed. They should not be completed by hand. All fields in the form must be filled in, with “N/A” entered in any fields that are not applicable, or the consulate will reject the application. You must include your job title on question 1.17 on the visa application where it asks for company name. Please list in the form of company name/job title.

Complete Application Here

  • C) Photograph: one recent, clear, front view, in color, professional 2″x2″ passport photo of the applicant with a plain white or off-white  background.

China Crew Visa

  • D) Copy of Previous Visas: For applicants that have had a China Visa issued in the past 2 years, a photocopy of previous visas and a copy of all entry and exit stamps from trips taken in the past 2 years must be submitted.
  • E) Copy of Driver’s License: copy of front and back of driver’s license
  • F) Job and Company/Organization Description Form: An additional form for employed applicants, completed and signed by the applicant.
    • Applicants current position with his/her company and a job description
    • Description of what the applicants company is/does

Job and Company/Organization Description Form

  • G) For Family Reunion: the following documents are required:  An invitation letter issued by a Chinese citizen or a foreign citizen with a Chinese permanent residence permit who lives in China. The invitation letter should contain:
    • Information on the applicant (full name, gender, date of birth, etc.)
    • Information on the visit ( purpose of visit, intended arrival date, place(s) of intended residence, intended duration of residence, arrival, and departure dates, relations between the applicant and the inviting entity or individual, financial source for expenditures)
    • Information on the inviting individual (name, contact telephone number, address, official stamp, a signature of a legal representative or the inviting individual, etc.)
    • Photocopy of Chinese ID of the inviting individual or foreign passport and permanent residence permit.
    • Original and photocopy of certification (marriage certificate, birth certificate, certification of kinship issued by Public Security Bureau or notarized certification of kinship) showing the relationship of family members between applicant and inviting individual. (“Family members” refers to spouses, parents, sons, daughters, spouses of sons or daughters, brothers, sisters, grandparents, grandsons, granddaughters and parents-in-law.)
  • H) For foster care, the following documents are required:
    • Foster entrustment notarization issued by Chinese Embassies/Consulates General in foreign countries or Foster Care Power of Attorney notarized and authenticated in the country of residence or in China
    •   Original and photocopy of the consignor’s passport(s), as well as the original and photocopy of certification (marriage certificate, birth certificate, certification of kinship issued by Public Security Bureau or notarized certification of kinship) notarized and authenticated certification showing the relationship between parents or guardians and children.
    •   A letter of consent on foster care issued by the trustee living in China who has agreed to provide foster care services and a photocopy of the ID of the trustee.
    •   A photocopy of the certificate indicating the permanent residence status abroad of the parent(s) when the child was born, provided that either or both parents of the child are Chinese citizens.


  • I) Notarized copy of front and back of the green card. (A valid U.S. visa with a valid I-94 card is also acceptable.)
    • Note: Fees and processing times for non-U.S. passport holders may vary from the fees and processing times published on the website.
    • Note: Consulate may contact your for an in-person visit.


  • J) Chinese name. The applicant’s name written in Chinese characters.
  • K) Proof of name change. If the applicant’s name has changed since birth, please provide a copy of the court order or marriage certificate showing the name change.
  • L) Previous visa. Copy of a previously issued Chinese visa or copy of the information page from your Chinese, Hong Kong, Macau, or Taiwanese passport. Note: If your old passport has not been canceled, you will be required to submit the original passport with your application.


  • M)  You must make a personal appearance at the Chinese Visa Application Service Center to process your visa if you are a person of Tibetan origin. The Visa Application Service Center will require additional documents in order to process your visa and Fast Passports & Visas is unable to assist in these procedures.


  • N) Both parents must sign the minor’s application. (The Minor Applicant does not sign the application.)
  • O) Notarized copy of applicants birth certificate
  • P) Copy of both parents driver’s license.


Proceed To Checkout