Citizens of most countries require valid visa to enter Laos. The Consulate General determines the duration of stay upon receiving an application.
B2 Visa (Business Visa)
A Business Visa is for businesspersons, or those will be working in Laos for a company, a project, or an organization, which hold ordinary passports and have someone to “sponsor” them (a company or individual in Laos).
A multiple entry visa can be obtained for a period of 3 months, 6 months or 1 year from Lao embassies or Consulates in foreign countries (provided that it is arranged in advance).
B3 Visa (Visit Visa)
Visit Visa for Laos is for citizens of countries that don’t have a visa exemption agreement with Laos, who hold ordinary passports and intend to visit relatives working or living in Laos. It is available from Lao embassies or Consulates in foreign countries.
Visitors holding this type of Laos visa can remain in Laos for up to 30 days and can extend by up to a further two months, but are not entitled to work or apply for multiple entry visas.
Applicants for a Laos visit visa need to have a proof of a guarantor in Laos (a guarantee letter certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Laos), and need to allow at least 3-5 working days for consulate to issue the visa.
Requirements are same as those for tourist visa plus a proof of guarantor in Laos.
T Visa (Tourist)
A 30-day Tourist Visa for Laos can be obtained at embassies or general consulates of the Lao PDR in foreign countries. Check out if there is Lao Embassy in your area.
It is also available at International airports in Laos and International border crossing points. Check out Laos visa on arrival page for more info.
TR Visa (Transit)
A Transit Visa for Laos is available for travelers transiting through Laos to a third country. Holders of this type of Laos visa can stay in Laos for up to 7 days. Work is prohibited and it is not extendable.
Travelers applying for a transit visa are required to show a proof of an onward journey (such as an air ticket and entry visa for the third country) within seven days.

Choose Your Visa Type

Need Help?

Fill out the form below and we will contact you shortly.