China Tourist Visa – U.S. Citizens: Foreigners who intend to go to China as a tourist.
STANDARD REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL TOURIST VISAS
- A) Applicant’s Passport: original, undamaged, and valid for at least another 6 months.
- B) Visa Application Form: Visa Application please download, complete, print, and sign the China visa application
- Important: The visa application must be filled out on your computer and then printed. They should not be completed by hand. All fields in the form must be filled in, with “N/A” entered in any fields that are not applicable, or the consulate will reject the application. You must include your job title on question 1.17 on the visa application where it asks for the company name. Please list in the form of company name/job title.
- Non-US passport holders can only apply for a Single or Double Entry visa.
- C) Photograph: one recent, clear, front view, in color, professional 2″x2″ passport photo of the applicant with a plain white or off-white background.
- D) Itinerary: copy of your round-trip ticket, reservation, or letter from a travel agency under applicant’s name, listing flight number and arrival/departure dates and reservation code provided by the airline/cruise company;
- E) Hotel Confirmation: copy of your confirmation receipt for all hotels you will be staying at during your visit.
- F) Personal invitation. If visiting friends or family, you must provide a letter of invitation from the host in China. The letter must be signed and should be address to the “Consulate of China, Visa Section.” The letter must contain the following information:
- Personal information of the applicant: Name, gender, date of birth, and passport details
- Details of the visit: Dates, purpose, places to visit, and places of accommodation
- Details of the inviting party: Name, address, phone number, and relationship to the applicant
- You will also need to provide a copy the host’s Chinese ID(both front and back sides), or, if they are not a citizen of China, copies of their China residence permit and their national passport’s information pages.
- Also, if visiting family member who is working in China, a letter from the Chinese company (on company letterhead) confirming the worker’s status in China and stating that he/she will be responsible for the family members’ living arrangements and expenses.
- G) Copy of Driver’s License: copy of front and back of driver’s license
- H) Copy of Previous Visas: For applicants that have had a China Visa issued in the past 2 years, a photocopy of previous visas and a copy of all entry and exit stamps from trips taken in the past 2 years must be submitted.
- I) Job and Company/Organization Description Form: Must be completed by all applicants that are employeed.
- Applicants current position with his/her company and a job description
- Description of what the applicants company is/does
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR NON-US CITIZENS: ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR MINORS ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS BORN IN CHINA, HONG KONG, MACAU, OR TAIWAN ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CHINESE APPLICANTS ADOPTED BY AMERICAN PARENTS INFORMATION FOR PERSONS OF TIBETAN ORIGIN
M) Chinese name. The applicant’s name written in Chinese characters.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR MINORS ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS BORN IN CHINA, HONG KONG, MACAU, OR TAIWAN ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CHINESE APPLICANTS ADOPTED BY AMERICAN PARENTS INFORMATION FOR PERSONS OF TIBETAN ORIGIN
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS BORN IN CHINA, HONG KONG, MACAU, OR TAIWAN ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CHINESE APPLICANTS ADOPTED BY AMERICAN PARENTS INFORMATION FOR PERSONS OF TIBETAN ORIGIN