Angola Short Term Visa (STV) – U.S. Citizens:
ALL ANGOLA VISA APPLICANTS MUST MAKE A PERSONAL APPEARANCE AT THE CONSULATE WHEN SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS FOR A VISA, WITHOUT EXCEPTION.
STANDARD REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL STV Visas
- A) Applicant’s Passport: original, undamaged; valid for at least another 6 months beyond intended stay.
- Foreign nationals residing in the USA also need to show Permanent Resident Card (the Green Card)
- If applicant holds citizenship from a country that is a members of the visa waiver program must possess an actual US sticker stamp (Visa) in their passport in order to apply at Angola. Or be a holder of a green card.
- B) Visa Application Form: Fully completed typed and signed. Applications will not be accepted if they are not typed. If any spaces are not used they must be filled with N/A.
- Applications that are not fully completed will be rejected by the consulate.
- C) Photograph: 2 Passport-type photographs required. (No glasses, with the applicants face in plain view and ears must be showing). The applicant must also be wearing a button-up shirt with a tie. The consulate will only accept actual 2×2 passport type photographs from a reputable source, i.e. Kinko’s, Walgreens, CVS, etc. Photos printed at home or from an office printer will not be accepted under any circumstances. Photos that are sent in invalid format will be rejected and will cause a delay in submission at the travelers expense.
- D) Business Letter: is required, and must be typed on your companies letter head and addressed to: Consulate of Angola/Houston TX
- Must clearly state request for Short Term Visa (STV).
- E) Travel Itinerary: Copy of itinerary or flight tickets
- F) Color copy of passport: A “color copy” of applicants identification and signature page of his or her passport
- G) Yellow Fever Vaccination card: A “color copy” of your Yellow Fever Card is required
- H) Letter of Invitation: Letter of Invitation from host company in Angola.
- Must be written in Portuguese
- Must clearly state Short Term Visa (STV)
- Must have seal from the Ministry of Oil Sector in Angola
- Must be addressed to the “Consulate of Angola/Houston TX”
- K) Important Information:
- The Consulate General of the Republic of Angola in Houston now requires all applicants to appear at the consulate in person on Mondays and Wednesday’s between the hours of 9:30a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The applicants presence is mandatory unless he or she is a holder of a Diplomatic or Official Passport.
- Applications can only be submitted on Mondays and Wednesdays, the pick up days are Friday only. For applications submitted on Monday, the estimated pick up day will be Friday of the same week, for applications submitted on Wednesday, the estimated pick up day is the Friday of the following week. Please keep in mind that the pick up dates are issued by the Consulate of Angola in Houston.
- Requirements for the STV visa are the same as a standard business request. The two differences are that both the business company letter from the U.S. based company as well as the invitation letter from Angola must clearly state “STV” work visa request, and not business.
- All STV visas currently for both U.S. Citizens and Foreign Nationals are issued for 3 days. The 7 day STV must enter Angola within 72 hours of the STV visa being issued. 90 Day and 180 Day STV have 60 Days to enter. Once arriving in Angola, all applicants must contact the local immigration office in Angola to have the STV visa extended. All travelers should have a “confirmed” travel reservation before submission of visa paperwork to the consulate.
- All STV visas can be submitted into the Angolan Houston consulate every Monday and Wednesday only. Processing times for all STV visas will take 1-2 business days at the discretion of the consulate.
- All applications and corresponding documents must be thoroughly checked before submission. The consulate has a zero tolerance for incorrect paperwork and will not refund visa fees due to errors.
- Attention – If you were born in a Portuguese speaking country, you are required by the Angolan Consulate to show proof of health insurance.